Banco di Caribe
Banco di Caribe makes leaps ahead in becoming a more innovative bank by going paperless using Decos JOIN Workflow Automation.
- JOIN Workflow Automation
- Ictual Forms Portal
- ICTual Bank Integrator
In 2010, Banco di Caribe (BdC), one of the largest local commercial banks in Curaçao, Aruba, Bonaire, and St. Maarten, made the strategic decision to bring innovation to the banking world. This decision brought with it that they needed a partner with the knowledge and experience of working with digital solutions that were tailored to their objectives.
Some examples of these objectives were:
- Reducing paper use within the bank
- Optimize current workflows and also create new ones
- The implementation of a centralized data system
- Reduce time between loan application and disbursement
- Introduce a document management system
- Increase overall process efficiency
“The solution offered by ICTual was easy to understand and clear to implement. From the beginning, it was clear that there was a lot of experience in-house at Ictual.”
- Gionelly Seferina, Senior Manager Back Office Operations
Before 2010, BdC operated just like many other banks still do today. From account opening to loan applications, almost all services that the bank offered to its client were processed via physical printing. This meant that the approval stage of requests took place with physical paper; going from one department to another. Having such a labor-intensive process carried with it the following downfalls:
- Long and labor-intensive approval stages
- High cost of printing
- Processes took place physically at the bank
- Internal banking systems did not communicate with each other
- Lack of a centralized data point for optimized data entry and retrieval
The solution that ICT proposed to BdC was the JOIN Workflow Automation system. JOIN is the premier solution for businesses making the step toward digital transformation. This system lets you execute all your processes faster, more efficiently, and more transparently.
With JOIN, we guarantee:
- No more desks buried under paper
- Never having to cope with manual processes
- Always having the ability to collaborate with colleagues anywhere
“JOIN was a much-needed service. It helped us with time management, saving paper, data centralization, and improving our banking performances.”
- Zauly Sille, Customer Sales and Services Officer
By carefully analyzing the objectives and timeframe given by BdC, we were able to define the implementation phases together with BdC's IT department. In order to achieve the successful integration of this new system, BdC made sure that all end-users of this system were up-to-date on the developments while our team made sure that the team was ready to use the system once it was ready to go live.
“Ictual started with information for all our staff and afterward we got much support from the team during and after the implementation of the system.”
- Angelo Barbolina, Branch Manager
The close teamwork between our Ictualizers and the BdC team definitely ensured that the bank was able to achieve the desired objectives that they've set up until now. Looking forward, we have several other projects in the pipeline that will ensure that Banco di Caribe continues to innovate and redefine the standards of a commercial bank in the Dutch Caribbean region.
“We wanted to reduce paper and I think we can say that we've drastically reduced the amount of paper that is being used in different processes of the bank”
- Fons Simon, CEO and General Managing Director